IASP is a training institute that has been offering training programs in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and in Psychoanalysis for the past 20 years. Membership in this professional organization has been open to faculty, graduates and students of the training programs. As part of our community expansion, we offer an Associate Membership to mental health professionals who are interested in an affiliation with us. Members who are not faculty or graduates would not vote at the AGM, but would be welcome to participate in all our scientific and social gatherings and to partake of, or contribute to, our evolving educational programs. In addition to participation in the IASP Study Group, Associate Membership in IASP would entitle you to:
- A reduced fee at IASP conferences
- A discounted Annual membership fee for the IAPSP
- Clinical Dialogues: Works in Progress meetings free of charge
- Community networking and sharing of information about Self Psychology events locally and internationally
- Annual holiday gathering
- Access to the extensive IASP library
Eligibility: We welcome applications from people with one or more of the following:
- Mental health professional in good standing with a regulating body.
- Training and/or professional experience in self psychological and associated contemporary psychoanalytic approaches to psychotherapy.
- Educators with an academic interest in, and involvement with, contemporary approaches to psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
Membership Fee: $150.00 annually, renewable in September.
For a printable application form, please click here: Application for IASP Associate Membership